Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Update and PSB Newsletter

Hi all,
Sorry I have not posted recently. I am finishing up nursing school (May 6th is my last day), work is getting busy, and I started figuring out the dossier instructions, which took a lot more time than I had anticipated.

We submitted something called an I-600A form. Basically, it is a preliminary application through the department of immigration (yes, we do not have a child yet, but we are already starting the immigration process). Really, I think it is all just an excuse for the Department of Homeland Security to get over $600 from us! What will they do for that money? Well, first we were "invited" to downtown Philly to get figerprinted. Then, they will do an FBI background check on us. After our home study visit (which has been moved up from May 11th to May 8th), a copy of our home study visit report will be sent to the immigration department. They will evaluate us based on the FBI background check and the home study visit report from PSB. Then, if we are approved, they will send us something called an "Immigration Form I-171 or I-797" to include in our dossier to Vietnam. Confused yet? You should be! And this is only one step of many for the dossier! Once we get through the remaining steps, I will relay the rest of the process.

If you are interested, there was a very good update in the PSB newsletter this month. Here is the link (scroll down to the Vietnam section):
http://www.psbi.org/site/PageServer?pagename=WH_Newsletter_HTML_April07

Hope all is well. I think the next time I write will be after the home study visit.

1 comment:

Katie J said...

Ooh! Ooh! I can't wait till you blog about receiving your big brown envelope with your I-600A approval! It was a big celebration day here. Congratulations on getting that in and enjoy the fingerprinting. We were able to get in really fast, but take a book (or 2!) just in case. Yeah!